Field Service Technician
Graphics • Field Service Technician
DIGITAL PRINTING / SERVICE TECHNICIAN:
We sell, service and support large format inkjet printing & cutting technology! We specialize in solvent, UV and dye sublimation inkjet systems as well as plotter, CNC & laser cutting systems. We are looking for a savvy graphics technician to help support our customers in the large format digital printing industry by helping them succeed with this technology. Our company is a value-added reseller of equipment and supplies covering Upstate NY, New England and western PA.
We are in need of a GRAPHICS / SERVICE-TECH PERSON who has the ability to learn fairly basic procedures, who can travel, and who can interface with the customer well and engage in such a way as to educate them of our products and services and go on-site for troubleshooting and repairs.
Graphic Designers or digitally minded people who are very technically capable with hardware and software are excellent for this position...but must be willing to travel and be helpful when supporting
customers in need.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrates professionalism, enthusiasm & technical expertise:
- Performs troubleshooting, repairs or replaces equipment components as necessary on Roland and
Mimaki Large format solvent and UV inkjet printers. May include diagnostics, installation, removal and
retrofits on customers equipment.
- Performs delivery and set-up of equipment. Configure all software, firmware, drivers and plug-ins.
Provides customer training on printing and cutting functions as well as proper care and preventive
- Performs Basic training on:
- Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop (only to set up file to print)
- Operations of printers & cutters
- Laminating and mounting of prints
- Teaching use and applications of different materials
- Basic business success strategies
*CANDIDATE WILL BE FULLY TRAINED BY EXPERTS PRIOR TO FIELD WORK
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SUPPORT ROLES :
- Interacts with external customers, mostly by phone, e-mail or screen share, for the purpose of
determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction
with the support performed
- Manages service cases, flow of service parts and customer relationships
- Demonstrates excellent technical and customer relation skills
- Actively participates in service work, supply sales, or by generating interest in new equipment.
- Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to administer proper paperwork for purchasing/ shipping
- Exhibits professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Maintains productive, professional relationship with all company personnel
- Is positive and contributing team member
- Performs other duties as needed with an open team minded attitude.
- Experience with graphics, inkjet printing, mechanical or electrical studies helpful.
- Two years of college, tech school or service bureau/print shop experience is preferred.
- *Proficient working capabilities using the following programs:
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and other layout/design software a benefit.
- Knowledge of printing terminology and practices, including layout, file conversation, color matching and color correction.
- Must be very detail-oriented with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to travel, 1-2 nights/wk avg (not every week)
ABOUT GRANT GRAPHICS DIGITAL SUPPLY
Grant Graphics Supply is a technology leader that sells, service and supports large format digital printing & cutting systems in the northeast. We are an All-Star staff of trainers and techs helping customers implement the technology! Grant Graphics is the premier supplier of both equipment and knowledge to the large-format digital printers in the Northeast United States Region. Our business has seven major divisions that keep us diversified yet interrelated to provide a holistic approach to supporting our customers in a method never done before.
Our specialized departments that work together are:
• Equipment Sales & Support
• Supply sales and distribution
• Field Service & Customer Support
• Advanced Training & Workflow Development
• Research & Development of New Technology
• Printing Services & Prototyping
• Business Development Consulting
Our main focus is to be the primary and most dependable supplier to educate and support our clients
in the Northeast region of the USA. (New England, New York & Western PA).. We are able to target
any and all types of companies using large format digital printers whether they be wholesale, retail, corporate, in-house or government. Anyone involved with this print and cut technology will greatly benefit by working with our “All-Star staff”.
Our most unique and innovative advantage is that we are top industry experts that can teach our customers every angle to a successful digital print business workflow known as our trademarked title of “the Dynamic Sales Cycle”. We are one of the only suppliers in the country that have experience
printing thousands of real jobs on the equipment they sell, service and support as well as utilizing all the available printable materials we distribute as well. Our knowledge of these materials and the
understanding of their application is a multitude of any competitive warehouse or internet vendor. Our support systems have been specifically developed to instantly handle time sensitive needs of the digital printer! Whether it be by phone, email, video clips, virtual training or on-site visits, we can give customers a level of confidence and security that they need. Our holistic approach, with an understood appreciation of our value, is how we keep our customers loyal and integrated into our Grant Graphics “Print&Cut Equipment Club”.
In conclusion our 38+ years of industry leadership and unmatched dedication to learning and teaching
new technology is what stands us apart! To quote a popular line…
“It’s our purpose passion and energy for what we do... is where you’ll see the difference!”
Email email@example.com to Apply